Around Town in San Diego
In addition to blue skies and sunny beaches (hopefully), San Diego has a number of other attractions, sights, and restaurants for all kinds of visitors to DjangoCon US.
In addition to major rideshare providers and taxis, San Diego features a light rail system locally referred to as the San Diego Trolley which has a station just across the street from the conference venue. The trolley services downtown San Diego, Old Town San Diego, and goes all the way to the Mexican border.
Things to do
- Old Town San Diego is a park and walking area in San Diego that has many historic buildings, shops, small museums, and Mexican restaurants. It is 5 stops (12 minutes) on the trolley or about 12 minutes by car from the conference venue.
- San Diego features a number of beaches including Ocean Beach, Pacific Beach, and Mission Beach. The beaches are about 15+ minutes away by car.
- San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter is in downtown San Diego and has a lot of restaurants and nightlife. It is 12 stops (28 minutes) by trolley or about 15 minutes by car.
- The North Park neighborhood in San Diego has many restaurants, nightlife, and small shops. It is about 20 minutes away by bus or about 12 minutes by car.
- Balboa Park, a large urban cultural park in San Diego, and features a number of attractions including the San Diego Zoo, 17 museums, restaurants, a performing arts theater, and numerous artist galleries. It is about 10 minutes away by car.